1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I would like to install Perl on my AMD Athlon, Windows ME computer. The ActivePerl website gives choice for Window_Intel. Does anyone have any experience with ActivePerl and will it still work on AMD processor?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi there

I use activeperl on a lexus amd; windows 98, download from activestate and install using the windows installer also available via a link on active state, I use apache server to test the cgi's and also NT

There is some tweaking that needs to be done but I do not think it is processor specific, you will need to map a path to your perl exe in your autoexec.bat file.

You might be asked for some .dll files which I got from typing in the .dll at the lycos search engine (this was for apache)

also remember that the linux shebang at the top of your script must simply be the path to your perl.exe which is Cerlbinperl.exe for the active state version

Good Luck
  5. No Profile Picture

The ActiveState distribution is compiled for Intel machines, and since to be compatible, AMD chips are based mainly on an Intel architecture, it will run. I have it running on my K6-2 300 machine, and it is fine.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo