1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I am using CGI.pm, at the top of the script I set a cookie with survey=false.

This keeps track of whether the person has completed the form.

I then validate the form, if there is an unanswered question, I send them back to the form.

If the form IS valid, I want to change the value of the cookie I set to survey=true.

It seems I can only set one or more cookies at one point in the script. How do I change the value of a cookie that has already been set??

Thanks!
    Chovy

------------------
    --
    chovy
  3. No Profile Picture

Hello,

As far as I know..... You can only send a cookie once each time the client downloads your page, and it needs to be in the header, so... you should be able to make an if/else statement that checks to see if the form was validated, and if it was it sends survey=true, else it sends survey=false.

But it should only do one or the other.
    Does that help?

If anybody sees a point that I'm wrong on please correct me.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hello,
    You should let your cookie variable expire (just create expires's date before created day that you set for survey) then create a new cookie which the same name and new value (that you want to set) :-)
    For Example:
    SetCookie (survey,'false','December 1, 1900 24:00:00',/your_document_path,your_domain_name,null);
    SetCookie (survey,'true','December 1, 2005 00:00:00',/your_document_path,your_domain_name,null);

see SetCookie () function in the document of JavaScript user Guide or Perl Complete user Guide.

------------------
    htruong
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks!

I tested for the cookie (if set to yes, then exit, cause they can only fill out survey once, then if false or non-existent, I went thru and validated form, then if form valid, set the cookie.

i had to remove the print statements that were in the loop validating the form. These were mainly for my own test purposes, ie- print "answer $answ is valid" etc...so it wasn't a problem.

Thanks for the responses!

------------------
    --
    chovy

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo