1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi There,

First of all: sorry my English, I'm from Brazil and my English is very poor !
    But I'll try to be clear...
    I'm using Apache Server.
    I need to implement (in my Perl scrips) user authentication/session control for Apache.
    Basicaly, what I need is: once validated the user login in the Database (Oracle) by a Perl script,
    I need to control the session, that means: if it didn't expire (in a period of time), if it is the same
    session since user login, if the user is using the same host where the login was done.
    If the session is invalid a new user login will be required.
    Note: Dont't need to store session information in Database, just interact with Apache Server
    to controll the sessions.
    Is it possible ? Do anybody have done something like this ? (if it's possible, can send me the
    scripts or some example ?) Or just have an idea of whow it must be done ?

I'm afraid I'm not clear enough !!!

By the way, thank's a lot for reading this and for your help

Regards,

Fernando
    fernando@multiway.com.br
    fernando_ostanelli@multiway.com
    id yahoo: ostanelli
  3. No Profile Picture

you might try setting a COOKIE with authentication code and expiration time that you want. then have your cgi check the cookie when it is run to see if the cookie has expired... someone else might have a better solution...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Cookies are fine, but they are not reliable. However, if my memory serves me correctly, there is a module for Perl that you can get from CPAN ( http://www.cpan.org/ ) that implements something like sessions. I think its name is Apache::Sessions. Try to find something like that on CPAN, it may solve your problems.

If you don't, cookies always remain as an option...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo