1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi there.. I stuck.. I want to have two scripts runing at the same time in different frames.. here lie the problem I want one of the scripts to update the other one in the other frame and I don't want the current frame to change.. Help..

Jeff
  3. No Profile Picture
    freebsd
    >>I want to have two scripts runing at the same time in different frames

Impossible. If you are talking about one script interact with another script, then that is possible. You might have the wrong idea for the task you wanted to do, so please be more specific what are you trying to do.

>>I want one of the scripts to update the other one in the other frame

Why you need TWO scripts in the first place?
    What exactly are you trying to do?

>>I don't want the current frame to change

Simply set the <form> target to the other frame so whatever output will be sent to the other frame. But still, it has nothing to do with your other script. Note that an html output must be sent to browser somewhere for your first script.

[This message has been edited by freebsd (edited August 01, 2000).]
  5. No Profile Picture

Ok.. the thing was I wanted to make an online shopping system.. where the products are listed(they are from a database) are in one frame and the cart is in the other..
    I have designed a cart that functions but I would like to change the way it works by putting it into the frames like I mentioned..

Jeff
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by freebsd:
    >>I want to have two scripts runing at the same time in different frames

Impossible. If you are talking about one script interact with another script, then that is possible. You might have the wrong idea for the task you wanted to do, so please be more specific what are you trying to do.

>>I want one of the scripts to update the other one in the other frame

Why you need TWO scripts in the first place?
    What exactly are you trying to do?

>>I don't want the current frame to change

Simply set the <form> target to the other frame so whatever output will be sent to the other frame. But still, it has nothing to do with your other script. Note that an html output must be sent to browser somewhere for your first script.

[This message has been edited by freebsd (edited August 01, 2000).]
    [/quote]

7. No Profile Picture
    freebsd
    >>where the products are listed(they are from a database) are in one frame and the cart is in the other..

That is fine. But you still are not supposed to run two scripts at the same time. Though, your product.pl script can display the output from the database to your left frame using the lesser known "Window-target". "Window-target" can specify what the target frame of your script to be without <form ...target=..> tag.

I posted a reply regarding to "Window-target" back in June. Check here to find out more -> http://www.devshed.com/Talk/Forums/F...ML/000258.html

I hope this is what you wanted.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo