1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need Help Creating a Perl Application Icon for Linux

Hello, I am new to this forum and this is my first thread. I also have no experience with the Perl language, but I am working on a college project that requires me to use a programming language. My instructor suggested that I ask for help on an online forum, so I decided to register on this site.
    For my project, I need the code for a Perl application that will display a custom icon that I could make from a PNG, GIF, or BMP image. I want the icon to display itself in the Linux OS Applications list so that I can click the custom icon to launch my Perl program or script. I would be very grateful if someone could give me some sample code that would make a Linux-compatible Perl icon. Also, I would appreciate some comments within the source code to help me understand the syntax. And, if you can help, please let me know which particular Perl toolkits or version of Perl is being used. This will help me understand what SDK’s I may need to install to run the program on Linux. Thank you for your time and consideration.
  3. 'fie' on me, allege-dly
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You'd need to do a bit more initial research to get the requisite assistance. We give help where people are stuck, we don't do projects for college

Icons are just images, images are generally standard and multi platform

You'll only need to install Perl on Linux, chances are it's already installed ... you can package it as a binary using the PAR module
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile

Originally Posted by Axweildr
    You'd need to do a bit more initial research to get the requisite assistance. We give help where people are stuck, we don't do projects for college

Icons are just images, images are generally standard and multi platform

You'll only need to install Perl on Linux, chances are it's already installed ... you can package it as a binary using the PAR module
    Thank you for your hints. I have decided to change the focus of my Linux project, so I will no longer need an answer to the above question. But, I appreciate your timely response.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo