1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need Help Installing Modules (XAMPP)

Alright, so I'm apparently a moron. I'm running xampp, have installed perl on it, but I need to install some modules and apparently am too stupid to do so.

I'm trying to install Threads and SOAP Lite, and they both say to run these commands:

perl Makefile.PL
    make
    make test
    make install

So, first of all, where do I need to extract these files to (perl\lib??) ? Once extracted, where do I run these commands from? Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated. Thanks for reading.
  3. kill 9, $$;
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

First of all, what OS are you running this on?
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

You might be a moron because XAMPP comes with perl. If you install perl again you may have screwed something up, especially if you are using Windows.
  7. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the replies.

Running this on Windows XP Pro (SP2).
  9. No Profile Picture

Someone, anyone? Smacking my head against a wall trying to figure out what I assume are 2 very simple things...
  11. Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Sorry, I have never tried using XAMPP. I use perl (currently strawberry perl 5.10 on Vista 64 bit) and to install modules you just use the CPAN shell.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by KevinADC
    Sorry, I have never tried using XAMPP. I use perl (currently strawberry perl 5.10 on Vista 64 bit) and to install modules you just use the CPAN shell.
    Hi, not sure how it is in Windows, cause I installed modules using makefile.pl in solaris. It comes with a C compiler, which you need in order to install modules in the way you mentioned. In windows I believe it is not necessary the makefile and stuff. I would recommend you to take a look at this link for methods of installing Perl modules in Windows.
    http://code.activestate.com/recipes/502297-installing-perl-modules-on-windows/

Just to let you know, anytime you need to run the perl command, for example:

perl -MCPAN -e shell

make sure you tell it to use the perl under the xampp directory.

Not sure if I was helpful, but I was able to do the make make install under Unix. Regards.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo