May 23rd, 2013, 11:35 AM
I have never done any troubleshooting of core dumps and I'm working blind here because I don't know anything about your script, so all I can do at this point is ask you questions.
1) Does the script core dump when run on other systems?
2) Is this a clean (source) build of perl or an upgrade?
3) "Missing separate debuginfos, use: debuginfo-install perl-5.10.1-127.el6.x86_64" leads me to believe that you upgraded and have some left over libraries from the prior version.
4) Were any system libraries, such as libmysqlclient, upgraded since installing?
5) Have you added any debugging statements to the script to narrow down where and what it's doing when it core dumps?
6) Have you tried stepping through the script with the debugger to see where it core dumps?
7) Have you tried writing a short test script that does the same thing as the current script is doing when it core dumps? If so, does it also core dump?
8) Does the script generate any warnings/errors at any point upto and including when it core dumps?
Can you post your script?
Last edited by FishMonger : May 23rd, 2013 at 11:39 AM.