1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi All

I've a simple doubt in passing datas between pages. i'm creating a web mail (like yahoo) in PERL. My project consists of two pages login.html and main.pl.

The first page has two fields Login Name and the Password. It is a HTML file. In the FORM action i've called webmail.pl which is used as the right hand side frame in the second page (main.pl).

The second page (main.pl) has two frames: one in the left hand side (menu.pl) and other on the right hand side (webmail.pl), like yahoo.

In the left side frame, i'm having Inbox,Compose, etc. and in the right side I'm will display all the messages and if the user clicks the subject, the corresponding message will be shown for the user as per yahoo.

This is my actual project.

My previous Script works fine. Previously in my Web Mail Project:

I had only one PERL script file which is webmail.pl. In this file itself i had the first LOGIN page and the second INBOX page.
    In this i've used TABLEs for the second page.
    The values (Login and Password) which should be passed from the login.html is itself in webmail.pl.

This works fine.

Now getting into my problem. Then further i went into Second page with frames. Now i stuck up with problem. I cant pass the values from my first page(Login page) to the second page(Inbox page).

Can any one recommend me how to pass values between two pages.

Thanks in Advance
    Raghuram.
  3. No Profile Picture
    freebsd
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
    Merge your menu.pl and webmail.pl to one script.

Whenever you click on either frame, reload the entire frame (like hotmail).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo