Thread: Perl and frames

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hello,

I am trying to have a page divided in 2 frames. In one is the form to be acquire from the visitor, the other one has the submit button.

Can I get the submit button grab the info typed by th visitor in the other frame?

Please any help is welcome..
  3. No Profile Picture
    freebsd
    >>the other one has the submit button

What does it do?

>>Can I get the submit button grab the info typed by th visitor in the other frame?

The submit button itself can't grab anything. You seems to have a form on each of the frame. If you are trying to submit the info from one frame to the other (the one with submit button), simply set the form target to that frame.

Also, are you sure this question has anything to do with Perl? If so, you need to give more details or you may click the "search" link found on this page, then enter "frame" as the "Search Words:" and my username as the "Search by User Name:".
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks for your answer.. To go one step further :

The submit button, is the button to click to
    start the perl script. Meaning I have a

<POST...

<INPUT TEXT...

<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT..

And my script in perl is started when the submit buttin is clicked.

So In fact, the question was not clear. What I try is to have the form to be typed by the visitor in frame A, the button to click in frame B, and the result in frame A.

I hope you will be able to help me.

Same question with part of the results in frame A and part of the result in a new frame C.
  7. No Profile Picture
    freebsd
    >>the form to be typed by the visitor in frame A, the button to click in frame B

You can't do that. You have to submit from frame A.

>>Same question with part of the results in frame A and part of the result in a new frame C

To do just this, you can have your script rewriting the frameset page (reloading the entire page when the script is executed) using this logic -> http://www.devshed.com/Talk/Forums/F...ML/000354.html (hint: no static pages at all)
  9. No Profile Picture

It would seem a strange desire to have a submit button in a separate frame anyway...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo