Im using a perl script to monitor the status of 25 VPN tunnels on a Fortigate firewall. The script checks the status on all tunnels en warns me when there's something wrong (Nagios).

This is my output when everything is ok: Fortigate: OK, Active SSL-VPN Connections/Tunnels: 0/0, IPSEC Tunnels: Configured/Active: 25/25
This is my output when 1 tunnel is down: Fortigate: WARNING, Active SSL-VPN Connections/Tunnels: 0/0, IPSEC Tunnels: Configured/Active: 25/24 , VPN-CUST1-CUST2 down

I would like to filter the VPN's per customer in this script, let's say i only want to see the output of VPN's containing the word CUST1. Im definitely not a perl hero, any help on this one?

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
# This  Plugin checks the VPN states of Fortigate Firewalls running v4MR3P1 or n                                                                                                                                                   ewer
# Tested on FG200A, FG200B, FG80C, Software v4MR2P2, v4MR3P1
#
# Copyright (c) 2009 Gerrit Doornenbal, g(dot)doornenbal(at)hccnet(dot)nl
# Many thanks to Sascha Tentscher , who provided a very good example
# with his 3com plugin!
#
# Changelog:
#   23 jan 2009 Initial Release, monitoring IPSEC and SSL-VPN
#       25 mar 2009     Added feature to disable monitoring, just for counting
#                               number of IPSEC connections
#   10 nov 2010 Numerous perl coding errors solved, added SNMP availabity check
#               and VPN type choice for ipsec and ssl.
#   8 jul 2011  Heavily modified by Brantley Hobbs to work with Fortinet firmwar                                                                                                                                                   e v4.0MR2 and higher.
#   2 aug 2011  Minor mods + added feature to get performance data
#
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
# modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
# as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
# of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
#
# This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
# but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
# GNU General Public License for more details.
#
# If you wish to receive a copy of the GNU General Public License,
# write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
# 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-130

use strict;
use Net::SNMP;

# Check for proper args....
if ($#ARGV <= 0){
  &print_help();
}

# Initialize variables....
my $net_snmp_debug_level = 0x0;                                                #                                                                                                                                                    See http://search.cpan.org/~dtown/Net-SNMP-v6.0.1/lib/Net/SNMP.pm#debug()_-_set                                                                                                                                                   _or_get_the_debug_mode_for_the_module
                                                                               #                                                                                                                                                    for more information.
my %status = (  'UNKNOWN'  => '-1',                                            #                                                                                                                                                    Enumeration for the output Nagios states
                                'OK'       => '0',
                                'WARNING'  => '1',
                                'CRITICAL' => '2' );
my %entitystate = (     '1' => 'down',                                         #                                                                                                                                                    Enumeration for the tunnel up/down states
                                        '2' => 'up' );
my ($ip, $community, $modus, $type, $performance) = pars_args();        # Parse                                                                                                                                                    out the arguments...
my ($session, $error) = get_snmp_session($ip, $community);                     #                                                                                                                                                    Open an SNMP connection...
my $oid_unitdesc = ".1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0";                                       #                                                                                                                                                    Location of Fortinet device description...
my $oid_ActiveSSL = ".1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.12.2.3.1.2.1";                     #                                                                                                                                                    Location of Fortinet firewall SSL VPN Tunnel connection count
my $oid_ActiveSSLTunnel = ".1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.12.2.3.1.6.1";        # Locati                                                                                                                                                   on of Fortinet firewall SSL VPN Tunnel connection count
my $oid_ipsectuntableroot = ".1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.12.2.2.1";          # Table                                                                                                                                                    of IPSec VPN tunnels
my $oidf_tunstatus = ".20";                                                    #                                                                                                                                                    Location of a tunnel's connection status
my $oidf_tunndx = ".1";                                                        #                                                                                                                                                    Location of a tunnel's index...
my $oidf_tunname = ".3";                                                       #                                                                                                                                                    Location of a tunnel's name...
my $ActiveSSL;
my $ActiveSSLTunnel;
my $string_errors="";
my $ipstunsdown=0;
my $ipstuncount=0;
my $ipstunsopen=0;
my $state = "OK";
my $oid;
my $value;

# Check SNMP connection and get the description of the device...
my $unitdesc  = get_snmp_value($session, $oid_unitdesc);

# Unless specifically requesting IPSec checks only, do an SSL connection check
if ($type ne "ipsec"){
        $ActiveSSL = get_snmp_value($session, $oid_ActiveSSL);
        $ActiveSSLTunnel = get_snmp_value($session, $oid_ActiveSSLTunnel);
        }

# Unless specifically requesting SSL checks only, do an IPSec tunnel check
if ($type ne "ssl"){

# Get just the top level tunnel data
        my %tunnels = %{get_snmp_table($session, $oid_ipsectuntableroot . $oidf_                                                                                                                                                   tunndx)};
        while (($oid, $value) = each (%tunnels)) {
                #Bump the total tunnel count
                $ipstuncount++;

#print "Tunnel name (" . $oid_ipsectuntableroot . $oidf_tunname                                                                                                                                                    . "." . $ipstuncount . ") is: " . get_snmp_value($session, $oid_ipsectuntableroo                                                                                                                                                   t . $oidf_tunname . "." . $ipstuncount) . "\n";
                #print "Tunnel status (" . $oid_ipsectuntableroot . $oidf_tunsta                                                                                                                                                   tus . "." . $ipstuncount . ") is: " . get_snmp_value($session, $oid_ipsectuntabl                                                                                                                                                   eroot . $oidf_tunstatus . "." . $ipstuncount) . "\n";

#If the tunnel is up, bump the connected tunnel count
                if ( $entitystate{get_snmp_value($session, $oid_ipsectuntableroo                                                                                                                                                   t . $oidf_tunstatus . "." . $ipstuncount)} eq "up" )
                {
                        $ipstunsopen++;
                } else {
                        #Tunnel is down.  Add it to the failed counter
                        $ipstunsdown++;
                        # If we're counting failures and/or monitoring, put toge                                                                                                                                                   ther an output error string of the tunnel name and its status
                        if ($modus >= 1){
                                $string_errors .= ", ";
                                $string_errors .= get_snmp_value($session, $oid_                                                                                                                                                   ipsectuntableroot . $oidf_tunname . "." . $ipstuncount)." ".$entitystate{get_snm                                                                                                                                                   p_value($session, $oid_ipsectuntableroot . $oidf_tunstatus . "." . $ipstuncount)                                                                                                                                                   };
                        }
                }
        }
}

# Close the connection
close_snmp_session($session);

#Set Unitstate
my $unitstate="OK";
        if (($modus >= 2 ) && ($type ne "ssl"))
        {
                if ($ipstunsdown == 1)
                {
                $unitstate="WARNING";
                }
                if ($ipstunsdown >= 2)
                {
                $unitstate="CRITICAL";
                }
        }

# Write an output string...
my $string = $unitdesc . ": " . $unitstate;
if ($type ne "ipsec") {
        #Add the SSL tunnel count
        $string = $string . ", Active SSL-VPN Connections/Tunnels: " . $ActiveSS                                                                                                                                                   L."/".$ActiveSSLTunnel."";
}
if ($type ne "ssl") {
        #Add the IPSec tunnel count and any errors....
        $string = $string . ", IPSEC Tunnels: Configured/Active: " . $ipstuncoun                                                                                                                                                   t . "/" . $ipstunsopen. " " . $string_errors;
}

# Create performance data
my $perfstring="";
if ( $performance eq "yes" )
        {
        $perfstring="| ActiveSSL-VPN=".$ActiveSSL." ActiveIPSEC=".$ipstunsopen;
#       print $perfstring."\n";
        }
$string = $string.$perfstring;

# Check to see if the output string contains either "unkw", "WARNING" or "down",                                                                                                                                                    and set an output state accordingly...
if($string =~/uknw/){
        $state = "UNKNOWN";
}
if($string =~/WARNING/){
        $state = "WARNING";
}
if($string =~/down/){
        $state = "CRITICAL";
}

#Emit the output and exit with a return code matching the state...
print $string."\n";
exit($status{$state});

########################################################################
##  Subroutines below here....
########################################################################
sub get_snmp_session{
  my $ip        = $_[0];
  my $community = $_[1];
  my ($session, $error) = Net::SNMP->session(
             -hostname  => $ip,
             -community => $community,
             -port      => 161,
             -timeout   => 1,
             -retries   => 3,
                         -debug         => $net_snmp_debug_level,
                         -version       => 2,
             -translate => [-timeticks => 0x0] #schaltet Umwandlung von Timetick                                                                                                                                                   s in Zeitformat aus
              );
  return ($session, $error);
}

sub close_snmp_session{
  my $session = $_[0];

$session->close();
}

sub get_snmp_value{
        my $session = $_[0];
        my $oid     = $_[1];
        my (%result) = %{get_snmp_request($session, $oid) or die ("SNMP service                                                                                                                                                    is not available on ".$ip) };
        return $result{$oid};
}

sub get_snmp_request{
  my $session = $_[0];
  my $oid     = $_[1];
  return $session->get_request($oid);
}

sub get_snmp_table{
  my $session = $_[0];
  my $oid     = $_[1];
  return $session->get_table(
                                        -baseoid =>$oid
                                        );
}

sub pars_args
{
  my $ip        = "";
  my $community = "public";
  my $modus     = "2";
  my $type              = "both";
  my $performance = "no";
  while(@ARGV)
  {
    if($ARGV[0] =~/^-H|^--host/)
    {
      $ip = $ARGV[1];
      shift @ARGV;
      shift @ARGV;
      next;
    }
    if($ARGV[0] =~/^-C|^--community/)
    {
      $community = $ARGV[1];
      shift @ARGV;
      shift @ARGV;
      next;
    }
    if($ARGV[0] =~/^-M|^--modus/)
    {
      $modus = $ARGV[1];
      shift @ARGV;
      shift @ARGV;
      next;
    }
        if($ARGV[0] =~/^-T|^--type/)
    {
      $type = $ARGV[1];
      shift @ARGV;
      shift @ARGV;
      next;
    }
        if($ARGV[0] =~/^-f|^-F/)
    {
      $performance = "yes";
      shift @ARGV;
      next;
    }
  }
  return ($ip, $community, $modus, $type, $performance); }

sub print_help() {
  print "Usage: check_fortigate_vpn -H host -C community\n";
  print "Options:\n";
  print " -H --host STRING or IPADDRESS\n";
  print "   Check interface on the indicated host.\n";
  print " -C --community STRING\n";
  print "   Community-String for SNMP.\n";
  print " -M --modus default = 2\n";
  print "   0: Just counting, no alarms\n";
  print "   1: Just counting, failed tunnels will be showed\n";
  print "   2: Monitoring, failed tunnels cause failed status. \n";
  print " -T --type default = both\n";
  print "   ssl: only SSL VPN connections wil be monitored\n";
  print "   ipsec: only IPSEC VPN connections wil be monitored\n";
  print "   both: monitoring all types of VPN connections \n";
  print " -F Also giving performance data output.\n\n";
  print "This plugin checks all configured IPSEC tunnels, and gives\nthe number                                                                                                                                                    of current IPSEC tunnels and SSL-VPN tunnels.\n\n";

exit($status{"UNKNOWN"});
}