1. No Profile Picture
    lee_c
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
    I'm trying to find something which will let me update some information in tables, by inserting a text file somewhere which a script will read it, and insert it in the HTML file in the correct place, and format.
    Ideally I'd like it to be in Perl, but it doesn't have to be. Any language will do.

Thanks

Lee

3. No Profile Picture
    jamesh
    Your table could be in the form of an SSI call to a text file that has the table content (with or without the tags, depending on how complicated the table is).

Or use perl to generate the table with content and code using a file with a consistant meta-tag/content scheme.

I use a combination of both.
  5. No Profile Picture
    lee_c

Cheers mate

Is there somewhere on the web where I could find any code or anything.

cheers

Lee
  7. No Profile Picture
    tack
    I wrote an HTML/table engine for javascript. All you need to do is pass it some arrays as parameters. Check out basic builder in ClipScripts.

As for loading text files in javascript, just put the text you want in an HTML form as default form values. Use an onLoad event in the body tag to trigger the function you want to use the data.

Have fun

dan

------------------
    "That extra hour you spend designing your data might save you three hours of coding"

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo