1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

When I first submit the information, the script runs fine, but if I press the 'back' button and enter new information for the variables, but not fill in all the variables I filled in before, and press submit it still carries over the information for all the variables.If new information is put in it will show the new information, but the old information for the blank variables will still show up. What can I do to delete the old variables if the 'back' button is used?
  3. No Profile Picture
    freebsd
    Put <meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache"> in your previous page.

Anyway, you should alter your script to take advantage of using hidden fields so your visitors need not to click the BACK button at all.

The logic is just like a guestbook preview page at which visitor should be able to make modification to the form fields.

It's fine for one to re-enter everything if your form has just one or two fields. Or else, your site gonna drive visitors away if it wiped out everything they entered.

[This message has been edited by freebsd (edited September 16, 2000).]
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It did not clear the variables in the post. This is not a form I am making, I am making a shopping cart and if they decide not to get a product they chose, they can press the back button and re-order, but the variables are still in the post
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'm not sure if this would solve your problem but instead of asking you visitors to push the back button why not put a link back to the page this way they will have a fresh page.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo