1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi,
    This problem really baffles me and tho i have tried, but without much success. While setting the cookie I have to encrypt it without using the crypt() function. Will be happy to have some pointers to show me the right path.

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Why on earth would you want to do something like that?? OK, nevermind, try searching the CPAN for some modules that provide some different kinds of encryption.
  5. No Profile Picture

that is a a good question. But, It happens to be the requirement. And as I am quite new in Perl, it is quite difficult to build a encryption. anyway, fyi, I did search the cpan for this bit of information. Alas. No good. Will give a try a again. In case anybody happens to get/have any clue , will be glad to get some inputs.

thanks
  7. Ole` Timer

Wink

do you have the MD5 module installed on your server?? Why can't you use the crypt() function?? Is this a one-way encrytion?? Or does it have to decrypted back??

Mickalo

Thunder Rain Internet Publishing

Custom Programming & Database development
    Providing Personal/Business
    Internet Solutions that work!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well, I don't know why it should be a requirement. If it has something to do with security, then perhpas you should search other options. As we all know, cookie is just a plain text file stored on a clients computer. So...

As for CPAN, you need to know which module are you looking for. mickalo there gave a good one, so I think that the MD5 encryption scheme supports decryption. Wouldn't know thought, crypt() always handled my problems.
  11. No Profile Picture

okay, This is certainy not one way encryption, In that case I guess, I could have used crypt() function. This happens to be two way. I have to encode first and then decode.

thanks
  13. Ole` Timer

Wink

We wrote a couple of modules awhile back for a customer that needed this type of encoding/decoding to access credit card information. A special key is used to decode/encode the value. One is for numercial values and one is for a string value. It's not very difficult to implement into your program,..if your using Perl. Feel free to contact me if you would like more details.

Cheers

Mickalo

Thunder Rain Internet Publishing

Custom Programming & Database development
    Providing Personal/Business
    Internet Solutions that work!
  15. No Profile Picture

Well, I think I will do so in case i run into some kind of complications.thnks

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo