Thread: FormMail

1. No Profile Picture
    beller
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
    I am using DevMailer from geocel.com and Matt Wright's Formmail ported to NT by them. I am using it to handle html forms and send them to a recipient which is an e-mail address that sends the contents of the e-mail to an alpha numeric pager. My problem is that when the page comes it has all of the internet headers on there and they take up to much of the limited space on the pager.(250 characters). Is there any way to strip the message of the headers and only send the body.
  3. No Profile Picture
    dahamsta
    beller,

Is your mailer sending directly to the pager or does it have to go through some other application first? I'm not familiar with DevMailer and I'm not fond of Matt Wrights FormMail!

The problem as I see it is that if the email is being pushed directly from your mailer through to the paging system, it's your mailer that will need to be modified, not FormMail.

Perl is brilliant for modifying text, once you get the hang of regular expressions, but there's no point in removing the headers before it goes to your mailer, if you follow me, or nothing will happen.

If it's possible to send the email through a processor before it goes to the paging system though, you should be able to do it.

adam
  5. No Profile Picture
    beller
    I know there is some sort of command like sendrawbody or something like that, but I don't know how to put it in the script because I am not the best at perl. You can send a normal e-mail message to the e-mail address like pageben@cmsinter.net and imail (our server) sends it to the pager and it turns out fine. However, when we use the form to send it, it adds the internet headers in the body.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo