1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

This isn't really a question pertaining to perl, but I figured someone from this forum may have run into this problem before. Basically, I'm trying to send a file that resides in a directory that is not known to the webserver. So, what I did was, I just read the entire file (which is gzipped) into a scalar, then printed out the http headers, then just printed out the scalar which holds the contents of the file. This works in sending the file, however the file is not named correctly. I am using the "Content-Disposition" header to specify the filename, but for some reason, Internet Explorer puts a '[1]' in the filename. So, for instance, the filename is 'filename.sh.gz', but IE sees it as 'filename[1].sh.gz'.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to shed some light on this.

P.S. I am open to other suggestions as to how to send the file. However, I cannot use Apache's access restriction mechanism (via .htaccess) as there is already a site-wide access restriction mechanism in place, and forcing users to enter an initial password to log into the site, then yet another password to download the files they need, would probably not make the users very happy :-( Thanks again ...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

You might be able to find an easier way of doing it using MIME::Tools. Just a thought though.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo