1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I recently purchased a script from a suposed programming guru over the net. After setting it up and configuring it like the readme said, I tried to run the script, and nothing happened except for of course the wonderful internal server 500 error. I've worked with and configured many scripts before, but I am not exactly a pro when it comes to perl/cgi. So after no luck getting it to run, I started looking at the code, and found that much of it is outdated (its a script that checks for domain name availability). For instance network solutions now handles most of the stuff internic used to, but nothing has been changed on this script. I have contacted the place I bought it from several times and have not got a response. I have fixed (updated) some of it on my own (the no-brainer stuff), but there is still something wrong.

The good news is, this is making me want to learn perl, I went out and bought some books, so that I can do this myself.

I wanted to see if anyone could take a look at it for me, and see if they can find out what might be wrong. It seems to be a fairly simple script, but still to much for me right now.

I don't want to post the code, since it is a paid for script and the site I purchased it from says that it is copywrited.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Brandon
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

How to help without seeing your script?

>>I wanted to see if anyone could take a look at it for me

Are you asking someone to contact you via email?
  5. No Profile Picture

If you would like, you could email me the script-(I personally dont use perl but can program in it so it will not benifit me) and I could take a look at the code and see what the problem is.

dino_f@email.com

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo