1. action=(isSleep())?sleep:code;
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb My 10min wallpaper

Have decided on a wallpaper makeover, something to keep things interesting, but not too busy. A few layers a few vector shapes and a healthy dose of filters and presto. Anybody else feeling creative, try the 10minute special :-)
    Attached Images
  3. Contributing User

Nice pic

animgirl
  5. what's your moniker?

that is a sharp background.

my problem with backgrounds (and this isn't anything against you whitelines), but I can never do something cool like that and make it tile properly.

Simple shapes and colors are no problem, but if anyone remembers propaganda.org (down now) I can't seem to get complicated patterns like the attachment to title without it looking crappy. Anyone have a suggestion for that?
    Attached Images
  7. action=(isSleep())?sleep:code;

I remember seeing a few tutorials about creating seamless textures, which is exactly what you need if you want to tile well.
    Kai's Power tools used ot have a pretty handy little seamless texture tool that could do wonders, I've since lost it in upgrading... I think it was around PS 4 though.

The most success I've had is offsetting you image by 50% both vertically and horizontally then using the clone tool to get parts of your image across the seams. Then offset again by 25% and repeat. Check you image and then tweak if necessary.
    A really quick and dirty way is to just smudge across the seams, but this looks pretty obvious.

HTH,
    Benjamin
  9. action=(isSleep())?sleep:code;

I just remembered another way you can do it, works quite well,
    make you image, then take a square out of the middle, this is your tile. From the original image take sections from the edge of the square you just took out and blend these into the opposite side of the square. use a gradient blend so it's not obvious. Repeat this for all sides of the square (obviously you can make it a rectangle, whatever, the idea is the same).

Hopefully that makes sense, again you will have to tweak it to get it all looking perfect.

Here's an example where that's done (not the greatest of wallpapers, but anyways...) . If you look carefully you can see how the edges blend slightly, it's far from a perfect job ;-p
    Attached Images

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo