1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Bead / Rhinestone Pattern Design - Photoshop

Hi,

I am looking to do custom pattern designs using Rhinestones or Beads and I would like to use Photoshop to do it. There is a piece of software, CrystalCad, which claims to be an advanced pattern design tool, however, the guys are charging $2000 for this piece of software. I already bought Photoshop CS2 and I know it should be powerfull enough to do it.

What I want to do is take a two color design and create a pattern on which I will place 2MM Rhinestones. The obvious thing here is spacing and also the fact that the design itself has various shapes in it. I would like to convert the colors in my design into a rhinestone pattern (represented by dots in photoshop) and I would like photoshop to autofit the rhinestones (dots) based on the color. Is there a way I can do this without having to manual chick to place these dots?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!
  3. Pixel Cruncher
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Could you post an example of a design for us to look at and experiment on?

I ask because it is possible to define your own pattern (of a 2mm brush to simulate the rhinestones) or even to make a custom brush of 2mm dia, spaced 2mm apart - look in the brushes palette and make a 2mm dia brush with the spacing slider set to 200% (2 mil apart). That brush could be used to stroke a path thus following the 'flow' of the design.

Worth experimenting with before parting with $2000
  5. No Profile Picture

Question Rhinestone Design

Hi, have you tried this yet, I also am looking for some design software to use for rhinestones. Please let me know if this method works. I'd really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by bahamaej
    Hi,

I am looking to do custom pattern designs using Rhinestones or Beads and I would like to use Photoshop to do it. There is a piece of software, CrystalCad, which claims to be an advanced pattern design tool, however, the guys are charging $2000 for this piece of software. I already bought Photoshop CS2 and I know it should be powerfull enough to do it.

What I want to do is take a two color design and create a pattern on which I will place 2MM Rhinestones. The obvious thing here is spacing and also the fact that the design itself has various shapes in it. I would like to convert the colors in my design into a rhinestone pattern (represented by dots in photoshop) and I would like photoshop to autofit the rhinestones (dots) based on the color. Is there a way I can do this without having to manual chick to place these dots?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by cloneuno
    Hi, have you tried this yet, I also am looking for some design software to use for rhinestones. Please let me know if this method works. I'd really appreciate it.
    I would also love to know if this is possible. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  9. /*
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Heres One simple way,

Create a small photoshop file with your pattern,
    Then from the file menus choose,
    Edit > Define Pattern
    and give It a name.

You can now fill large areas with your pattern
    and use it for anything in photoshop that lets
    you call for a pattern.
  11. No Profile Picture

I have a tutorial on making patterns with Photoshop, but I don't know if it's what you are looking for. You pretty much have to do it by hand - there's no conversion function.

How to Make Your Own Custom Rhinestone Pattern

Hmm, URL is blocked. You'll have to piece it together:
    http://
    blog.myspace.
    com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&
    friendID=29648187&blogID=167055745
    Last edited by khrome; May 1st, 2007 at 06:22 AM. Reason: trying to fix url
  13. No Profile Picture

Talking Roland has a solution to automate

For those looking to automate their custom Rhinestone application and don't want to do it by hand or fork over $30K-$60K for a Motif machine, Roland ASD has a solution for making custom Rhinestone templates for 1 off custom pieces or short run projects that ranges between $4K - $13K. The software used is CorelDRAW to create the patterns and rhinestone placement. You then use an engraver (Roland) to drill the points where the stones will fit and then you transfer that to your garment and heat press to finish. It is a little more detail than that, but this is the quick run through of how it's done. For more information go to:

Replace the "dot" with a . and remove the spaces.

www dot rolanddga dot com / asd / promo / apparel / tools.html

The beauty of having the engraver for rhinestones, is that now you can use it for custom engraving jewelry, gifts, awards, etc...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo