1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Blob or Smudge in Photoshop

I've been trying for days to figure out how to create a 3d-is smudge or blob like from a tube of toothpaste. They're popular on makeup sites but I can't figure out how to do one. Is it a brush?
  3. No Profile Picture

Actually I didn't understand about your needs. Please could you show something any example for this ?
  5. No Profile Picture

[IMG]smudge.jpg[/IMG]
    Originally Posted by bijutoha
    Actually I didn't understand about your needs. Please could you show something any example for this ?
    Sure. It looks like this and thanks for the response. Still trying to figure out how they do this.
  7. Not An Expert

Hey there - you need to link an image file, not the website, in the image tags in order for it to show up. I'm not sure what happened with "smudge.jpg," but you also need to upload the image if it's from your computer.

I can take care of it - here's the image:

alabastern.jpg

And it's on this page: ladyburd.com/product_detail.php?categories_id=10&maincol=1
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by markroberts
    Hey there - you need to link an image file, not the website, in the image tags in order for it to show up. I'm not sure what happened with "smudge.jpg," but you also need to upload the image if it's from your computer.

I can take care of it - here's the image:

alabastern.jpg

And it's on this page: ladyburd.com/product_detail.php?categories_id=10&maincol=1
    Thanks Mark. And that's exactly the look I need. Any ideas if it can be done in Photoshop?

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : My pleasure! The forum's image uploader can be finnicky sometimes, too, unfortunately. My email is markr@imninjas.com if you need more help with forum stuff! :)
  11. No Profile Picture

Check out this video :

layersmagazine.com/drawing-with-the-smudge-tool-in-photoshop.html
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Website-Design1
    Check out this video :

layersmagazine.com/drawing-with-the-smudge-tool-in-photoshop.html
    Yep, another fella showed me that which works great if I doing a one-ff piece. But my wife
    owns a cosmetics company and since I retired last year, I thought I'd lend her some of my skillsets.
    Then I ran into this situation where she has 15-20 colors of one particular line and 15-20 of
    another and so on and so on and so I thought there would have to be a way to emulate what we were always doing
    with blood splatter which is quick and simple with no dodge and burn or pressure brushing and smudging but I simply can't find anything like that.
    Liquids work well with filters like bevel and contours with maybe some texture dropped in but trying to get a smudged look to a clay-ey substance
    is proving quite daunting. Thanks for all the suggestions though.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo