1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation brightness/contrast adjustment hidden or lost

somehow i seem to have moved my brightness/contrast slide pallette out of my viewing area. this is only a hypothesis... since i cant see it and cant recover it, i dont know what exactly happened. in any case, i have tried resetting the palletes via preferences, and that didnt help (perhaps because this is not actually a pallette). photoshop behaves as though the slider is there, changing my pointer to an eyedropper, and effectively disabling all of my options so that i have to kill ps just to get out of the dead end.

anyone had any experience with this? doesnt look like the settings are retained in any regular files ... i am guessing the settings are retained in the reg key or the ram (?).

at this time, my only other option is to reinstall, but i would assume i am not the only person to have ever accomplished this annoying feat, and that there is presumably a fix for it somewhere.

thanks!
  3. Contributing User

lol I have no idea, but that sounds funny 'losing a pallette'
    I just tried to lose one of mine and it wouldnt let me. Like to drag it so far to the edge that it wouldnt be visible anymore. But it only let it go so far. If you think that's what youve done, try changing your screen resolution up a notch and then you'll have a bigger viewing area and if it was too far over for you to see before, you should be able to see it now.
  5. No Profile Picture

You're not alone. My response will offer no help but to let you know that it's something going on with Photoshop. I have been looking around for a solution to the exact problem you have stated and have tried the same fix you mention with no success. I have removed the entire program and reistalled, no help, but it has swapped between the brightness/contrast window being lost to the image size and canvas size windows. I have also tried increasing the screen resolution to see a larger desktop hoping it is just outside the smaller view area, no good. I need help too.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo