1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Brush size not showing

I'm not sure how to explain this, but I know it's a new problem. Yesterday(and for many years before it) I was using the clone tool just fine. I selected it today like normal and my brush appeared as a tiny pin mark. This normally indicates that I need a larger brush size. When I changed it to a bigger size, the pin mark on the screen did not change as it usually does. It is supposed to show a general outline of how big the brush you are using is--how you know what size brush to use. Now I only have a pin sized dot with a couple of hash marks coming from it. I have changed nothing, I used it yesterday. I've tried everything. I switched brushes, i tried just using a brush and not clone tool. This is affecting my ability to do any work whatsoever and I have a deadline. I've never had this happen before. Not only that, but it is happening in both PSE 9 and CS2. I do not recall bumping anything. In PSE, it at leasts shows me the actual area I'm going to clone sort of highlighted over the new area, but I'm working with white on white and that's not really helpful. I keep using too big or small of a brush because I can't tell where my edges are going to be. What did I do wrong? This is my main complaint with Photoshop in general-you accidentally bump a key and change the program forever. Please help!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

am sorry you are right you are really getting it difficult to explain us what problems you are actually facing, i will tell you 1 instance that i faced in photoshop is my brush sizes doesnt increase even when it pallet shows the maximum brush size but still it appears as a point cursur... then i found out it was because of caps lock, you should off your caps lock while working in photoshop, try it may be that is the problem you are facing...
  5. No Profile Picture

Just restart the photoshop and try it again that can solve this minor issue. If still the problem not be solved then uninstall the program and install it again.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by pankaj_s
    Just restart the photoshop and try it again that can solve this minor issue. If still the problem not be solved then uninstall the program and install it again.
    once again, you're full of crap. restarting is not the issue. brush size is toggled by the CAPS LOCK key, the OP has obviously just pressed it by mistake.

uninstall the program - really? REALLY? either you're a complete idiot trying to cause trouble for someone or you genuinely have no fkn idea whatsoever about Photoshop, and should NOT be posting your garbage on the forums when other people come here looking for HELP.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo