1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

My brushes won't draw anything!

i've had this problem with my photoshop CS for a long time now, and have not been able to find anything in the photoshop help section, nor google that explains it or can tell me how to fix it. for some reason, when i try to use the brush tool NOTHING happens. alternatively if i switch to the pen tool, i can draw fine! then i switch back to brushes and nothing. it's not a layer thing, because i can open a brand new blank white window and try to draw on it and it won't work. i've made sure that i'm not drawing white on white (duh), and it's just odd that the pencil would work but brushes won't. please if anyone knows some things i can try to get them working again that would be fabulous, because searching th internet is not helping at all.
    thanks!
    -theslyestfox
  3. No Profile Picture

Try re-setting your defaults (save pallettes, etc. that you want to keep first). When Photoshop is loading press and hold alt+ctrl+shift to restore defaults.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Dissident
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Check your brush settings. Perhaps you changed the brush mode, brush opacity or flow unknowingly.
    Draelon

PHP Manual :: MySQL Manual :: How to Ask Questions the Smart Way
    =======================================================
  7. No Profile Picture

A similar problem came up this morning on a couple of machines we were looking at. The Brush and the Pencil tool would not draw. Sometimes a faint line would come from the pencil, but not always. A full reset of the Photoshop presets on load does not fix this.
    In the brush menu click on the Clear Brush Controls. You will need to do this with the tool set to brush and then also pencil if you are having problems with both. I'm not sure what this cleared for me, but it worked in both client situations. *+Hope this helps+* (E-Mail address blocked: See forum rules)

Originally Posted by theslyestfox
    i've had this problem with my photoshop CS for a long time now, and have not been able to find anything in the photoshop help section, nor google that explains it or can tell me how to fix it. for some reason, when i try to use the brush tool NOTHING happens. alternatively if i switch to the pen tool, i can draw fine! then i switch back to brushes and nothing. it's not a layer thing, because i can open a brand new blank white window and try to draw on it and it won't work. i've made sure that i'm not drawing white on white (duh), and it's just odd that the pencil would work but brushes won't. please if anyone knows some things i can try to get them working again that would be fabulous, because searching th internet is not helping at all.
    thanks!
    -theslyestfox

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo