1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How can I change the fur colour of an animal?

Hi.

The animal in question is a tabby cat. She has a white patch and i'd love to see what she looks like all-white.

I have tried a few simple things such as hue/saturation but nothing seems to get close to the right colour.

Please help Thanks

ps. The pic I have is high-res if that makes a difference. I can post a small pic here if anyone wants to see it.
  3. No Profile Picture

You are not going to be able to find a quick solution to this problem using something like hue/saturation. Changing one specific "range" of colors, especially something like fur, takes a bit of experimentation and knowledge of color channels. Depending on the level of precision you want, you may be able to add a "selective color" adjustment layer, select the color closest to the "tabby color", and play with the respective sliders. More precision can be had by changing into LAB mode and adjusting the A and B curves, but this skill requires a bit more of a detailed tutorial than I can offer here.
  5. No Profile Picture

Changing colors of such fur would require mixing and matching of colors and level of color and matching the textures of a specific subject.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo