1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Changing colors question

To put it simple, I have a photo of a red car (or a green shirt. Or whever). How do I change the color to blue?

John.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

so many possibilities.... but yet so hard if you are new at this... hmmm i dont know by what one to start with.. oh heck il name the easyest one.... select the contour of the car or shirt using the lasso tool and change the hue.

make sure you duplicate the layer so you can delete parts that you didnt want to change color.

dont worry if you make mistakes you can always fix em! errr.. its always easier to start by chaning the duplicate image's hue first then you delete the unnecessary stuff. cuz then you are sure you dont screw up

but of course.. this is the easiest way to do it but then again its not the most efficient =P

good luck!
  5. No Profile Picture

I'll give it a try. I should have said I'm not all that new to Photoshop. I just haven't done any color changing before. So if there is a better way, even if it's more complicated, please educate me.

John.
  7. HTML/CSS/Photoshop maven

I'd say a better way is to make a Hue & Saturation adjustment layer and mask out any portion that you don't want made blue. It might take a while to make the mask as good as you want it (the best method is using the paint brush, though this is also the slowest), but it will look good and you won't have to worry about deleting too much of your image.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo