1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Better circles in Photoshop

I have been using the elipse tool to create circles but am having an issue that makes my circles come out "lumpy" .. it is driving me mad and I was wondering if there was a setting when creating a document or something which will make the circles actually be more like a "perfect circle" ?

I would post an example BUT this damn forum will not let me post a URL to the image....... kinda pointless to even use this forum if it won't let me even show what my damn problem is.
  3. No Profile Picture

circle

I understand the problem. How I do a perfect circle: I create a new file in Photoshop, a square one. and when I use the elliptical tool, I design my circle to match inside the square (but be careful not to cross the document's margins). After that you can make a new layer to use the circle where you need it.
    Probably there are some other methods as well, but this is the only one I know
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i have no idea what use that previous reply was supposed to be.

OP : i take it that by "lumpy" you mean not very smooth ~ this will be down to the resolution of your document. the vector paths in PS as defined by the Ellipse Tool have to be converted to pixels, therefore if your circles are pretty small, or your resolution's not very large, you'll get a much rougher circle.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo