1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CS4 - Can't create new layers?

I've tried Google but can't find a solution. Started a new graphic for a label using a 300dpi resolution, 23.250" inches wide and 2.500" high. Filled it with Black, then attempted to create a new layer to create a semi-transparent pattern above the black. It shows up in the layers column but the new layer doesn't show up on the artwork. I can add text in color as a new layer, but the pattern layer doesn't show. Went and tried using an existing file... old layers work fine, but try to add any new layer other than text and it doesn't show. I know this is something dumb that I somehow clicked on and I'll kick myself when somebody tells me to check.... whatever LOL.

Thanks in advance and don't laugh.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hey DrGrafix,
    Are you sure you've put the new layer above your background ?
    Sometimes the simplest mistakes are the hardest to notice.
    V
    Originally Posted by DrGrafix
    I've tried Google but can't find a solution. Started a new graphic for a label using a 300dpi resolution, 23.250" inches wide and 2.500" high. Filled it with Black, then attempted to create a new layer to create a semi-transparent pattern above the black. It shows up in the layers column but the new layer doesn't show up on the artwork. I can add text in color as a new layer, but the pattern layer doesn't show. Went and tried using an existing file... old layers work fine, but try to add any new layer other than text and it doesn't show. I know this is something dumb that I somehow clicked on and I'll kick myself when somebody tells me to check.... whatever LOL.

Thanks in advance and don't laugh.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

given it's impossible to put something below the Background, i'd say he has.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo