1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Edit txt on a scanned pdf picture

I understand txt can be edited on a scanned image of a pdf file using adobe photoshop. Its not just a document pdf its a picture pdf. A local company can do it they say using a $700.00 version but I cant pay them $120.00 an hour. Its black & white scanned pdf image of property maps. Was at staples an hour ago and see a 3 month license for it but not sure about a learning curve. Hoping you guys could give some help. Looks like I cant post an attachment so not sure how else to explain. I am the owner of the maps if needed to be. Any ideas before I buy a 3 month trial? Not sure the version, CS or something. Do know its around $700.00 for a full version. Posting faq's says don't say help needed asap, ur something. But is the truth. Need help bad and fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh if helps am a land surveyor..ie..property maps. Seems cant add an attachment....Thanks!!!!!!!!! Sorry forgot..Maps are black & white no color if means anything.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You only need text changed on an image, correct?
    I do not believe this should be a $120+ job unless I am missing some details. Post this on oDesk.com if you do not mind sharing the files with a freelancer, and it should be done pretty quick.
  5. No Profile Picture

nope

Yes just trying to edit txt on a scanned image thats a pdf.
    I work for myself, its become something I need to do a lot.
    Just dont have a few hundred bucks for software. Just had a chat with adobe whats best. They just keep trying to sell cs6, something for $700.00. Another said can pay $30.00 per month for cs6..Third said buy pro. No locals there seems. Its simple I know. Chat there is complicated. Evan what is oDesk? No problem sharing files. I own them. They are no more than a land survey. Maps of property with txt need to edit.

Originally Posted by hostwindsEvanM
    You only need text changed on an image, correct?
    I do not believe this should be a $120+ job unless I am missing some details. Post this on oDesk.com if you do not mind sharing the files with a freelancer, and it should be done pretty quick.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If it is something recurring you need to do then it may be worth while to learn on your own or find a local to do it for you. Should be plenty of kids on Craigslist coming out of school or in school for graphics.

Odesk.com is a place you can post freelance jobs for individuals to do a job for you.

Should you want to try it yourself, GIMP is a free photo-shop alternative that is pretty powerful and free. May take a look at it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo