Thread: Editing Jpegs

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Editing Jpegs

Hi

i am a photoshop beginner using elements ver 7. a company produced a jpeg logo for me with blue text and white background- its not a psd file.

given this, how do i edit it ?

I have inserted the image - i want to change one of the words and replace it with a differerent word and the new word needs to be in the same font size, style and colour
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

It is not possible to edit a JPEG image like that. To edit the original text you will need a different file format.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    It is not possible to edit a JPEG image like that. To edit the original text you will need a different file format.
    Thanks for reply.
    Note to self: next time i pay a company to produce a jpeg logo, make sure they produce a .psd for me too!!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The only way to edit that text in a jpg is to use Content Aware Fill or the like to remove the text altogether and then use the text box to put in more text. The end result may not be satisfactory depending if the text is on a solid color background or not.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo