1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Express Digital Darkroom Pro 8.9 + Photoshop CS3

I'm having a bit of a problem at the moment, trying to do a few things with Express Digital Darkroom. I'll start by saying I have Darkroom Pro 8.9, and here are my problems:
    1. The Vignettes option. How to make them. Okay I have made some in Photoshop, but is it possible to make them in EDD? Secondly, where do you save them at to get the "Vignette" drop down in the Workshop?

2. The Retouch option. It won't bring up the EDD retouch workshop, and when I selected Photoshop I keep getting an error saying I must have PS 4.0 or higher installed. I have CS3; Do I need to specify where CS3 is located somewhere in the options?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Okay so after speaking to Express Digital Darkrooms support today and yesterday I FINALLY got this figured out.
    TURN OFF USER ACCESS CONTROL
    I also made sure all my updates were current.
    The funny thing was I had to ask to speak to someone over the tech/customer service guy WALLY. He was rude pretty much from the start. I have been a loyal cutomer since 2002 with these guys. But apparently have not spent enough money with them to get a straight answer without having to be very very persistent and kinda rude back to them. I eventually got to one of the owners Bryan Woodcheck who said he wrote this program or helped. Anyways at first he was rude too. Acted like since I was still using the 8.9 version that I was wasting his time. Told me I had new this and that and not Express Darkroom newest 9.0 program. Said windows 7 maybe to new to run such an old program and CS5 was too much for it too. It threw me but I remained as chill as I could. I kept just telling him what errors I had and he finally nicely said Oh you need to turn off your user access control in windows to work. WHAT? I had beencalling for days and talking to Wally the one and only tech there and have to make him get Mr. Woodcheck on the line while he tells me he will leave a message for him that he is busy and that he can not promise anyone will call me back and I say NO just let me leave him a voicemail and eventually after being put on hold ta da Mr. Bryan Woodcheck is there on the line. He was upset with me because I had told Wally I had a bad experience with him due to his customer service (which was lacking in any). I love this program. I really do but have never been treated so by them till I needed help. Good Luck and I hope this helps anyone else out there with the same issue!! Chow...KLO Studio

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo