1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Opening Eyes in a Picture

I do a lot of editing of group shots and wedding pictures, and I get a lot of pictures where people want their eyes opened or someone else's eyes opened. Anyone have any suggestions as how to do that? Thanks in Advance.
  3. Contributing User

dunno......copy and paste someone elses eyes? lol
    Youd have to resize them but I dunno? Thats what Id prob try to do lol
  5. No Profile Picture

TTT
  7. Contributing User

That would take some extensive work to take someone else's eyes and make them look like their own. Everyone's eyes are noticeably different.

I would suggest asking for other pics of the person whose eyes need to be open for on your pic. Then take a good pair of eyes from one of those pics and put it into yours.

animgirl
  9. No Profile Picture

So Animgirl,
    you think thats the only way to do it?
    there is no way of doing it without having to copy and paste a layer onto the pic over the closed ones?
  11. Contributing User

Realistically, no.
    How else would you do it?

You can't pull eye pixels from the original if there are none there to begin with.

animgirl
  13. No Profile Picture

You could always draw some in...lol...but I wouldn't really suggest that Just copy and paste eyes from the same person from a different photo. Or just use someone else's eyes if the shot isn't that close. No one would notice.

Its not too hard to make it look realistic...just make sure the head shots are at the same angle in both pictures (unless you want to have a fun time with Distort), and that the skin hues are the same (unless you've managed to cut out all but the eyes).

-Zan
  15. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up Eyes have it

Hiya
    Zan's got it right... the best alternative to having someone actually retake a photograph is to combine elements from SEVERAL photographs.
    I put my girlfriend and her best friend into a portrait that we gave her for this past xmas, and it used 3 different poses of her combined (eg. face from one, upper bod from another, background from another) to create a seamless picture. Lifting elements from one image to another is easy once you've mastered the art of selections.

You COULD paint them in, but WOW that can be work to make it look real, and unless you change the quality of the rest of the image to be more like what you've painted, it will look like you cut them out and pasted them on.
    Good luck!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo