1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

FIX PhotoShop Thumbnail Preview

On Windows 7 the thumbnail preview for PSD files doesn't work because Microsoft in their lack of wisdom decided to leave it out.

A lot of forum threads provide a dead link to a page on sizzledcore of a very small dll fix (psicon.dll).

I tracked down the fix and hosted it myself as a zip with instructions on how/where to save the dll for others to benefit too:

oops! (forum rules)
    Well, i understand the forum rules about posting links... so maybe you can work out the link from below, until I post enough in here to bypass the spam rule in here.

http s://dl.dropboxusercontent(dot)com/u/106654279/AdobePreview-psicon.dll.zip
  3. No Profile Picture

Preview Using Windows Photo Gallery

You could also try this as a workaround:

Instructions
    Open the "Start" menu. Choose the "Default Programs" option.

Click the "Set Default Programs" option.

Click "Windows Photo Gallery." Choose the "Set this Program as Default" option.

Click the "OK" button.

Then change to the specific file types setting in default programs and scroll down to the .PSD and change this to Preview using Windows Photo Gallery. Then click "OK" button.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You could also try this as a workaround:

Instructions

1>Open the Windows Photo Gallery. The gallery can be accessed by clicking on Start>All Programs and opening it directly from the list of applications, or by right-clicking on a file in Pictures or on Desktop and selecting Preview.
    2>Organize pictures and videos. You can apply tags in a variety of ways to help you find and categorize photos.
    3>View pictures and design movies. The gallery viewer allows you to zoom, pan and rotate photos from an individually large view.
    4>Edit pictures and fix common flaws. Click Fix on the upper toolbar to enter basic editing mode.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo