1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Grid effect question

Is there any easy way to get this effect of a "grid" lines?

Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by Eman619; December 5th, 2003 at 05:40 PM.
  3. what's your moniker?

Re: Grid effect question

Originally posted by Eman619
    Is there any easy way to get this effect of a "grid" lines?

Any help is appreciated!
    eh.. not really. You need to make each individual line. you can speed things up though: if you have 2 lines, duplicate the layer, then merge down. now you have 4, repeat ad. infinum.
  5. HTML/CSS/Photoshop maven

Actually, you can define one piece of the grid as a pattern and use the paint bucket.

Make a new image the size of one of the cells of the grid. Select the line tool, making sure it is set to do a raster line only (instead of making a path) with anti-aliasing off, and make a border along the top and left of the (empty, white) image. Then select all and go to Edit, I believe, and select Define Pattern. Then you can use the paint bucket, maybe with multiply, to fill the grid over an image.
  7. No Profile Picture

Lightbulb

here's a very good site that has different tutorials, this link, is for a sphere, with grids. but just do the first 2 steps to create a grid. when it says to use the white as the foreground color, i guess you can use any color to your preference. then, when you've made the single cell, be sure to only have the outsided selected with the marquee tood, so that you don't get any excess amount on the outside, cause then your grids gonna have black lines in it. i think you'll see what i mean when you do it. this about the marquee tool, is the thing that he mentions rite b4 the part when you go edit > define pattern.
    Good luck!

http://www.phong.com/tutorials/wiresphere/
  9. HTML/CSS/Photoshop maven

Nice tutorial... it also illustrates the method I was talking about for making a grid very well.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo