1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

help adding snow to logo

I'm posting this around the holidays and my employer thought it would be cute if I could add some "snow" to the company logo.

I'm not looking for snow flakes, but snow drifts...generally how things look post snow storm. If anyone has any ideas regarding a good way to go about this, or any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.
  3. Contributing User

How about making a duplicate layer, using the emboss filter, and adjusting it to leave white 'blobs' atop your image? You might be able to get a quick and dirty snow drift that way.

Edit: I meant using the layer effect "Bevel and Emboss" rather than the Emboss filter. The only problem with this method is it will leave you with all uniform snow drifts, instead of random like you probably would prefer. With a bit of duplicating and playing around, though, you might be able to use the built-in effects to your advantage, if you lack artistic skills like me.
    Last edited by Redtailed; November 25th, 2003 at 02:24 PM.
    - Redtailed
  5. No Profile Picture

thanks for the advice
  7. No Profile Picture

Using Brush strokes (white color) may create a "snow effect". You have several brush types, there are some that look like snow drifts. You could also erase the corners of the logo (white), and choose some blurry brushes that look like snow.
    You can add the bevel/emboss options after, I recommend you use not too high depth value.
    Last edited by annadesign; December 10th, 2003 at 12:34 PM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo