1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Help with color in Photoshop 7

I'm a newbie to this forum and to Photoshop and have a problem. When printing out with photoshop, everything is in a red hue. I don't think it's the ink cause I just got it replaced and when printing with word it prints out fine. This is very important to me so any help would be greatly appreciated.
  3. what's your moniker?

Re: Help with color in Photoshop 7

Well, a few things come to mind:

first, is the image in RGB or CMYK? if it's in RGB there could be something messing up when photoshop auto converts to print.

two, what kind of printer are you using? just b/c you replaced the ink, doesn't mean it's not still the printer.

you could try using color balance to knock out some red, or lower the opacity of the red channel.

i would also look into color management options, and the color profile thing you can do when you print, which i clearly know nothing about...

good luck
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks Stinkoman. I will look into your suggestions.
  7. Senior Polecat

its also worth checking what color space you are using to print in ... check your printer manufacturer's website to see if they have a color space definition for download ... photoshop then converts the colors in your image from the working space to the printing space.

ok tutorial on color spaces and printer ICC matching
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

http://www.XSet.co.uk

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo