Thread: hi im new

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

hi im new

hi !!!
    i am a new photoshop 7 user and i saw these forums and i wanted to ask you guys.. in Photoshop 7 how do i take a image out of a picture and cut and paste it on a 8 1/2 x 11 background? lets say i have a picture with a object on a white background how do i take that object out with no background cut and paste it on a 8 1/2 x 11 background or layer?
    =) thanks ahead..
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Re: hi im new

hey! its always great to see new faces! heck.... everybody here have new faces for i am new as well...

To answer your question...

If you want to remove the white background of an images...

There is a tool in the tool bar that is called 'magic wand' and it selects all of the same or reletivly the same color that is connected to the clicked location. Sometimes this work best but others you will have to use the lasso tool to delete it manually.

How do you import an image to another image?

You can do it the way I like to do it... Open up both images and go to the one you want to import in the other then right click on the layer and go to duplicated layer... then click on the [dropdown box] and slelect the other image. you can now close that picture.

Do it step by step if you dont really understand. After doing it once you will be able to do it always
    http://www.thebluehedgehog.com/
  5. No Profile Picture

thank you !

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo