#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    All images open as black!


    No matter what the image, a sample from PS or a jpeg I know works just fine, they all open solid black!
    I'm using PS 5, but have upgrades to 7.
    For years I've used PS to alter images and so on, then suddenly, all images open black!
    I uninstalled twice with no luck! Help!
    Just today i noticed that if I zoom out (over 200%) on the blackness, I can start to see my image. If I use the hand tool to move it around, each time the image goes past the border, it starts to braek up and disappear!
    Thanks for your time,
    Huckapeli
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Souloution


    Originally Posted by huckapeli
    No matter what the image, a sample from PS or a jpeg I know works just fine, they all open solid black!
    I'm using PS 5, but have upgrades to 7.
    For years I've used PS to alter images and so on, then suddenly, all images open black!
    I uninstalled twice with no luck! Help!
    Just today i noticed that if I zoom out (over 200%) on the blackness, I can start to see my image. If I use the hand tool to move it around, each time the image goes past the border, it starts to braek up and disappear!
    Thanks for your time,
    Huckapeli

    go to " prefrences" --> " Performance" --> uncheck ENABLE OPENGL DRAWING ...
    and easily your problem will solve
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0

    what opengl do basically ..


    Originally Posted by nightpassenger
    go to " prefrences" --> " Performance" --> uncheck ENABLE OPENGL DRAWING ...
    and easily your problem will solve
    what opengl do basically? i have can not find a proper video for opengl.. pleas guide
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by nightpassenger
    go to " prefrences" --> " Performance" --> uncheck ENABLE OPENGL DRAWING ...
    and easily your problem will solve
    far as i'm aware openGL isn't an option on PS7.

    not sure about everything opening black, short of something not working right on your computer, ie memory glitching or the like.
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by KillerWolf
    far as i'm aware openGL isn't an option on PS7.

    not sure about everything opening black, short of something not working right on your computer, ie memory glitching or the like.
    thank u killerwolf.. it is not useful for me also.. and i have never opened it..
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0

    Angry


    Originally Posted by micheal.kolman
    far while i am just mindful openGL is just not a solution on PS7.

    uncertain about almost everything cracking open dark, in short supply of one thing not working right on your computer, for example recollection glitching or the like.
    i ahven't used openGL yet..

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo