1. No Profile Picture
    buildmyweb.org
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

jpg looks blurry in safari

so i have a logo from a designer. when i upload the .jpg from the designer and reference it from an image tag directly in my HTML, it looks sharp and clear. however, when i copy this jpg and paste it as a layer on top of a banner graphic i created, the logo looks blurry. the blurriness is most notable in safari on my ipad 4. you can see the disparity between the original graphic and my banner graphic here: Créme de la Créme Pastry Arts

the red text in the banner graphic even has like a darker inner shadow look to it. my guess is something in the way i am saving the banner graphic is causing the blurriness. anyone have any insight?
    Freelance Web Developer | PHP Applications
    Web Development, Hosting, Graphic Design, SEO
  3. No Profile Picture

It's all about the red color and JPG conversion. Save it as png and problem will be solved.

Comments on this post

• BuildMyWeb agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    buildmyweb.org

thank you chad. that got me halfway there. it did help get rid of the inner shadow to the red text. ill keep this in mind in the future.

but the banner logo is still blurrier than the original logo in the <main> section: Créme de la Créme Pastry Arts
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by BuildMyWeb
    thank you chad. that got me halfway there. it did help get rid of the inner shadow to the red text. ill keep this in mind in the future.

but the banner logo is still blurrier than the original logo in the <main> section: Créme de la Créme Pastry Arts
    I was going to say the same for you that the PNG format of that image should work well. But as you are still facing the same issue, can you recheck that the saved image resolution is similar to the logo's resolution in your banner or not.

Comments on this post

• BuildMyWeb agrees
  9. No Profile Picture
    buildmyweb.org

thank you both. resolution was 72dpi. the two suggestions helped quite a bit. appreciate the insight.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo