1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Looking for some help with photoshop

Hey, I'm trying to create a larger background similiar to this photo..

I would post the URL, but I can't yet cause I'm a new user. Anyways it's the picture of a the moon (looks like it's screened out to make it seem ethereal.) the moon is behind some tree's and the the scene is dark.

I have the tree's and the a picture of the moon ( I can screen out the moon to give it the same look). What I'm having problem trying to figure out is how to put the moon behind the tree's while also turning the scene (of the picture I plan to put the moon behind) from day to night... The original picture is during the day and I want to give the image that same dark blue night look...please post with ideas that can help =) thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

There's not really a quick and easy way for you to put the moon behind the trees, but here are two options:

1. Put the moon on a layer behind the trees and erase out the tree layer where you want the moon to show through

2. Put the moon on a layer in front of the trees and erase out the moon layer where you want the trees to show through.

The first option certainly makes more sense to me, though, since the moon *is* behind the trees.

Another BIG tip is to work much higher res than you need. It helps to get rid of imperfections when you shrink it down for the final image. I can't emphasize this enough--work very hi-res. (You should never have a width or height dimension smaller than 2500px, in my opinion, and higher is better).

As for making the trees look like they are from the night, it's just going to be a matter of color correcting until you get something you like. Levels, Channel Mixer, Gamma, Brightness & Contrast, etc. Make sure you have a few reference images that you can look at while you work to make sure that you don't forget what night trees look like, while you're working.

Good luck!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

ahaaaaaannn great ..

Originally Posted by piperpam27
    There's not really a quick and easy way for you to put the moon behind the trees, but here are two options:

1. Put the moon on a layer behind the trees and erase out the tree layer where you want the moon to show through

2. Put the moon on a layer in front of the trees and erase out the moon layer where you want the trees to show through.

The first option certainly makes more sense to me, though, since the moon *is* behind the trees.

Another BIG tip is to work much higher res than you need. It helps to get rid of imperfections when you shrink it down for the final image. I can't emphasize this enough--work very hi-res. (You should never have a width or height dimension smaller than 2500px, in my opinion, and higher is better).

As for making the trees look like they are from the night, it's just going to be a matter of color correcting until you get something you like. Levels, Channel Mixer, Gamma, Brightness & Contrast, etc. Make sure you have a few reference images that you can look at while you work to make sure that you don't forget what night trees look like, while you're working.

Good luck!
    it seems you have a good experience in this.. i am impressed by your skill..
  7. No Profile Picture

good

I am afraid it requires much review to get right output. better to have certain valid feedback
  9. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Originally Posted by professioner
    I am afraid it requires much review to get right output. better to have certain valid feedback
    yes right.. but why do we need a feedback?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Originally Posted by micheal.kolman
    Hi all i am new here but i have a problem and need some informations please help my problem is, i want to add two picture but its getting system error though i did it before...
    which software are you using..?
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by dhussey111
    which software are you using..?
    is that the only question you can ask?
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by micheal.kolman
    Hi all i am new here but i have a problem and need some informations please help my problem is, i want to add two picture but its getting system error though i did it before...

Hi Michael, in order for us to help you out, you will need to provide a more detailed description of your problem. Here is what you will need to tell us:

1. What software you are using (as suggested by dhussey111)

2. What exactly you are trying to accomplish and what steps you have taken to accomplish it.

3. Which part of your process is not working as expected.

Once you have provided that information, in detail, we should be able to help you out a bit better.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Originally Posted by KillerWolf
    is that the only question you can ask?
    you have not mentioned any thing we give the answers of the above post then..

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo