1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Multiple menu with imageready 7.0

Hi all,
    here is my problem (simplified version):

I have an image with 3 zones (Zone 1, 2 & 3). Zone 1 has 3 slices in it (lets say 1a, 1b & 1c). This is the main menu.

When I MouseOver it, it changes Zone 2 with its own text (a layer). The Zone 2 is also a menu (that's my submenu).

Zone 2 will have different menus, all depending of wich menu has been "MouseOver" in Zone 1. If I have 3 rollover in Zone 1, I will have 3 differents menu (with their own rollover) in Zone 2.

Can I do it with ImageReady?

Finally, please forgive my poor english.

TIA,
    JF
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Sounds like you want a dropdown menu with sub options per parent link, right. So, when you roll over, say Products, a dropdown menu would appear with links to the following: Product 1, Product 2, Product 3, etc. Here's an example I found: http://www.ukeha.org.uk/events/

If this is what you're after, I don't think Image Ready can handle the dropdown menu task, however I could be wrong. Actually, I hope I'm wrong because it would be great to implement dropdown menus with IR 'cause it's very time consuming to make the dropdown menus by hand.

By the way, the above menu was created with javascripts and dhtml. I copied the code and changed it to meet my needs. It works pretty well, I just gotta work out some bugs before I release it.

Good luck.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks JHouse. It could be a dropdown menu but I have to display and select images instead of text.

Btw, I looked your portfolio and you did some really nice sites!

Thanks,
    JF
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yeah, the link I showed you is a dropdown menu composed of images, not text, so it should serve your needs.

Oh, thank you very much for the compliment with respect to my web sites. Much appreciated.

Take care and good luck.

BTW, here's another dropdown menu, composed of only images, that I found today: http://www.wildwood-lodge.com/
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks JHouse!

That's greatly appreciated!
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

My pleasure.

I just got some of the bugs worked out with this dropdown menu script, so I kinda know what I'm doing now. If you need any help, just holla.

BTW, your appreciation will get you far not only on this board, but in life as well. Thanks for saying thanks.

Peace.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo