1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Palette opens behind instead of infront

I have just starting having this problem with Photoshop 7.0
    I can open a file with no problem, but when I try to resize it, the properties palette to adjust the size opens behind the software. I can not see it, so I can not make size changes to my document.
    Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks for your help.

dstrange
  3. No Profile Picture

something similar happens to me sometimes when using MS Word. I want to print, and the print options panel opens something like behind the software, just like you said, and the main window flashes on taskbar. This has never happened to me in Photoshop, but in MS Word, I usually just minimize the software window (from taskbar) and then maximize/restore it, thus the "problematic" panel gets on top as normal.
    This might be a primitive way of solving it, but if this is your problem too, it might help.
  5. No Profile Picture

I figured it out.

After spending many hours in photoshop and searching forums on this issue, I finally figured out what my problem was. I run dual monitors. I had opened an image in photoshop, then selected image size. Before I closed out of the palette I had moved it over to the other side. Days later I had switched the opposite monitor to be the primary monitor. By doing so, my software now opens on the other monitor, but the palette settings remained. Now the software is on top of the palette, making editing the images size impossible.

To fix this, I switched the monitors back, opened photoshop and opened and image. I selected image size to open the palette. It opened on the opposite monitor. I then dragged it back to the primary monitor. (this must be done for all palettes that were initially moved). Then I switched the primary monitor again and all was fixed.

I know that this may be a bit confusing, but the one thing to understand is that this issue is a result of using dual monitors. If you are having a similar problem using only one monitor, then the above does not apply.
  7. No Profile Picture

I was not sure what to say : "oh...." or "LOL" when I read your reply. I suppose we were talking about completely different issues.
    Thanks for the info anyway. Indeed it doesn't apply. I have one monitor, no money for a new one.....

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo