Thread: photo manip..

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

photo manip..

Please, is there a simple step by step tutorial on how to make a person bold (without hair) or the other way around??. Thankyou.
  3. what's your moniker?

Question Re: photo manip..

Originally posted by sami1
    Please, is there a simple step by step tutorial on how to make a person bold (without hair) or the other way around??. Thankyou.
    make a person bold ?

without hair?

what?
  5. Senior Member
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

bald

Sorry, don't know any tutorials/steps for that though... maybe select the area you want with an elips, fill it with a circular filling of skin-colors and clone a bit?!? As you might notice I'm not that good with such editing yet but I'm trying

Hope somebody else can help you out here....
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

PHP | MySQL | DevShed Forum Search | Google Search
  7. No Profile Picture

Thanks Mirax,
    this is just to clarify what I'm looking for :
    Since I'm bald My friend has mailed me a photo of my self with a lots of hair , I would like to send her a photo of hers but without hair.
    thanks a lot
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hmm this could be very tricky.. im not sure how to do this, you may have to get a photoshop whizzzzzzzzzz! To do it, but, yea, as i said, its like taking the hair away Very tricky indeed.
  11. Contributing User

youll probably have to find a pic of someone with a bald head and kinda blend it into her pic and touch it up so it looks like it actually is her head.
    Itll be hard matching the skin tones so maybe do it in black and white. Thats what Id do anyways.
    Like cut and paste the top part of that persons head. Use the gradient tool to blend in the seam where her head and the bald head meet. Hmm maybe Im not making any sense, but i know what Im saying lol
    If you wanna post a pic of her and a random bald head I can see what i can do. And maybe others can give it a go too.
  13. No Profile Picture

The password is LAYERS LAYERS LAYERS!

Try this: (warning, it's no small amount of work)

a) Open the original image. Make a selection outline around your friend (quickmask, or whatever gets you the tightest selection).
    b) Choose LAYER>NEW>Layer via copy. You now have her on her own layer and, if you like, you can turf the background layer or hide it for now.
    c) Erase her hair up to her hairline. Don' worry about her looking like she got her head chopped off at the forehead.

d) You can proceed in one of a few ways... you can find a picture of someone who is bald and copy/paste the top of their head into the image (this is preferable as it's really easy to do) and then blend the fleshtones with the heal tool, ... you could also just paint her head back in as best as you can using her skin tone as the color, which is fine if you're a reasonable artist and you have a knowledge of anatomy/phrenology...

e) Merge the new forehead layer and the cutout layer you made together and blend the colors of her forehead and 'new head'.

Then it's just a matter of putting the work onto a decent background (eg. in the park, on the bridge of the Enterprise, etc).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo