1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

New to Photoshop

Hey guys, I am currently using CS3, and I'm trying to change the colour of an image text. How can I do so? I know you have to use the wizard stick to highlight the border of the text, but what do you do after? Sorry, new to photoshop and want to learn. Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi yesuphost,

Are you trying to change the color of text you have created using the text tool? (i.e. you clicked the "T" icon, clicked in your image, typed your text, etc.).

Or are you trying to change the color of text that was already in an image that you loaded up?

The process will be much different depending.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by piperpam27
    Hi yesuphost,

Are you trying to change the color of text you have created using the text tool? (i.e. you clicked the "T" icon, clicked in your image, typed your text, etc.).

Or are you trying to change the color of text that was already in an image that you loaded up?

The process will be much different depending.
    Hi piperpam27,

I'm trying to change the colour of text that was already in an image that I loaded up.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Alright,

Well, unfortunately there is not a quick and easy way that will give you great results. Here are a few things that you can try, though.

The Magic Wand Tool
    Carefully use the magic wand tool to select the text by clicking on the different portions of it until it is all selected (as you have already mentioned in your first post). Then, while the text is still selected, create a new empty layer. Click on the new layer and be sure that it is selected. Switch to the paint bucket tool, and fill your selection with the color you desire. It will probably look pretty choppy and nasty now--you can fix this by changing the blend mode for the layer that you painted the color on. You can do this by clicking on the drop-down at the top of the layers palette (It will say "normal" by default). Which blend mode you should use really depends on the original color of the text, the new color of the text, and the image in general. You sort of just have to try and see which you like the best. You may want to try out multiply, overlay, or hue though.

Unfortunately, the results that this process will give you is entirely dependent on how good of a selection you make in the first step. And I certainly would not call that easy. You may be able to make the selection process easier by adjusting the levels in your image (Image->Adjustments->Levels).

Good luck!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ah ok, I think I understand what you mean. I will go ahead and give it a shot.

Appreciate your help pipperpam!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo