1. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

New Photoshop Release

Adobe just updated their website w/ a new Photoshop release - Photoshop CS.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/main.html

What do you think? Is it worth the upgrade for the new features?
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  3. sardonyx quinx
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I think they have just combined the features of Photoshop, Dreamweaver and ImageReady into one.

The result, Photoshop CS. But NOT ALL features are added. And this is the best thing about Adobe.

I thought it was named as Photoshop 8 but CS, means, Creative Studio. Oh well...
  5. This is only a test
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

I'm still waiting for my bosses to approve a copy of PS 7 for me. Which probably won't happen anytime soon since everyone else in my department uses Fireworks (which, to be fair, I don't hate as much as I used to).

CS looks neat, but (at first glance, at least) it really doesn't look worth it for individual program updates. I agree with sardonyx -- I think the big deal about this version will just be the integration of PS and Illustrator.
    "Not to offend our Swedish listeners ... if we have any, that isó"
    "óBut your team's rubbish."
    (Sun webcast, Sweden vs. Paraguay)

Who needs corporate radio?
    WeFunkRadio.com | Global Pop Conspiracy | Radio Paradise | SomaFM | The Classic Soul Network | Boot Liquor | WFMU Freeform Radio
  7. sardonyx quinx

Where and what department do you work anyway Ucht? And may I know what are the best things that you like about Fireworks. (If you really like it)
    Sardonyx Quinx
    Administrator, www.sardesigns.tk
  9. This is only a test
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

I work in web publishing for a newspaper. And I used to really hate Fireworks; now I only find it annoying, but I still prefer PS. And I'll admit that most of that is because I'm not that familiar with FW -- I'm functional with it, but that's it. Pretty much the only time I use it is for repetitive graphics creation and export, because of the layer/frames to files feature and XML creator. Can't really beat that for creating a series of similar graphics in a short time.

If I have to actually build a graphic that's more than a word or two with a drop shadow, though, I'd much rather use Photoshop.
    "Not to offend our Swedish listeners ... if we have any, that isó"
    "óBut your team's rubbish."
    (Sun webcast, Sweden vs. Paraguay)

Who needs corporate radio?
    WeFunkRadio.com | Global Pop Conspiracy | Radio Paradise | SomaFM | The Classic Soul Network | Boot Liquor | WFMU Freeform Radio
  11. Capt'n
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

And its optimized to take advantage of the G5's 64 bit processor, from what I've read. I can't wait to get that new dual 2Ghz G5 I have on order.

I was waiting for this tool kit, even though my G5 only has 4GB of ram, maybe next year I will get the other 4GB if I need the tax write off.
  13. sardonyx quinx

I think that answers my question. I hope I can deal with Fireworks too the way Ucht deal with it.

And Mr. Kfickert, what is G5? I don't know what it is... Maybe a little explanation about this thing would be helpful.
  15. Capt'n
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Better known as the IBM PowerPC 970 chip.

www.apple.com

Forms the core of Apple's new flag ship tower replacing the G4 series of computers. Its really the first commerical vendor to offer a 64-bit computer system to the mass public market. Granted I've seen graphics firms using 64-bit ALPHA server for rendering for years.
  17. sardonyx quinx

I guess you know a lot regarding Mac. I hope that I can use PS while using Mac at the same time.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo