1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question about blending and fading.

Hey all, found this site thru google, hope you guys can help me out. With photoshop (v8.0) I am trying to make a new logo for my website. Now I need to get one layer to blend but with the opacity being high on the left and virtually zero at the right. So the layer gets less visible and the underlying layer gets more visible. Confused? So am I.

Please help a fellow like me out.

Greetings

Seb
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Instead of having all the contents of the layer that needs to blend to almost nothing split that layer into multiple layers. Have, for example a left and right side and a middle from that one layer and stack them so the left is on top then the middle then the right and then below them the layer you want to be come more visible. then on the top layer leave the opacity at 100% and gradually turn it down as you move across to the right. And if that doesn't give the desired effect then split the fading layer into more parts and decrease the opacity to 0% when you get extreme right. Hope this helps.
  5. HTML/CSS/Photoshop maven

No, no need to split it. Add a layer mask (hopefully you can figure out how to do this ) to the layer and make a linear gradient from one side to the other, going from white on the left to black on the right.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo