1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question question about feathering

I have an image in PS that I have feathered around the edges. I have saved this image both as a TIFF and as a JPEG and still, when I try to open it in Publisher, the feathering effect is lost. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I really don't know if you can retain the feathering effects just by saving it as JPEG. But most of the time, saving your images as JPEG will not really give you the original or best results. Try saving your images in bitmap, though it's much larger in filesize, else try saving it as GIF
  5. No Profile Picture

That's not working either. The feathering effects are done in a seperate channel, do you think that has anything to do with it? Even when I print it directly from PS, it prints each channel seperately- still losing the feathering effect on the image. I've been creating the feathering by using the lasso and then saving my selction as a new channel. Is there another way to feather without creating a new channel?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes, you can feather in the layers.
  9. No Profile Picture

ok, but can you tell me how to do that?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

After making a selection, Ctrl-alt-D a dialog box will appear for you to enter the amount of feather you need or if you still want to use your feathered channels try using the filter-render-lighting effects and then in the texture channel try to locate where you've applied the feather. If you've created a new channel and haven't renamed it, it should be alpha1

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo