1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Rectangular marquee tool

My first day using PS 7.0!

When I select an area with the rectangular marquee tool a window with the following text appears:

"Warning. No pixels are more than 50% selected, the selection edges will not be visible"

When I close the warning window the selection is no longer indicated.

Can anyone please help?

Erazor
  3. This tagline is not long enoug
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Make sure you are making the selection in the correct layer... meaning that it is possible that you are not making a selection from a layer that actually has anything in it. At least so far as the area that you are trying to make the selection.

Another suggestion, if you are trying to work with an image that doesn't require layering, you could always rasterize and or merge the layers and work with them in that way.

Lastly, if it is a non-psd file that you are working with, the background layer is usually locked... simply double click -- rename and hit enter.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Just to add to what 1beb already said. It's possible that you have feathering on in your options palette. If you are only making a small selection and have it set to feather the selection at..say 50 pixels, then nothing will be selected and you will get the error message that you are currently getting.
  7. Contributing User

Change the fearther pix for the marquee tool to 0 pix an that will fix the problem.
  9. No Profile Picture

Thank you!

Originally Posted by djflorian
    Just to add to what 1beb already said. It's possible that you have feathering on in your options palette. If you are only making a small selection and have it set to feather the selection at..say 50 pixels, then nothing will be selected and you will get the error message that you are currently getting.
    Thank you so much for your help! I've been ripping my hair out for the past week and finally your answer solved this problem. I really appreciate it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo