1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Reducing size of image

Hi all. I have an image that is 44" * 7" and I wish to reduce the image size to 4" * 4" without loosing the image quality, I wonder how I can accomplish this.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

It's not physically possible to re-size an image without losing quality. In order to get the image down to 4"x4" without stretching it you're going to need to crop a lot of it off.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture

Use Ctrl+T to resize the image...as far as i know, this is the only way to reduce the size and still retain the quality
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Rithanya
    Use Ctrl+T to resize the image...as far as i know, this is the only way to reduce the size and still retain the quality

Hi, thnx for the tip. I'll definitely try this out.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    It's not physically possible to re-size an image without losing quality. In order to get the image down to 4"x4" without stretching it you're going to need to crop a lot of it off.
    Thnx for the tip.
  11. No Profile Picture

Select the picture with ctrl+t and than drag it from corner to select ctrl+shf. Pixels never damaged.
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ugoharris
    Hi all. I have an image that is 44" * 7" and I wish to reduce the image size to 4" * 4" without loosing the image quality, I wonder how I can accomplish this.
    First of all select the layer that contains image and then press CTR+T and then keep pressing Shift and reduce the size of image. By using this method image quality will be the same.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by pankaj_s
    First of all select the layer that contains image and then press CTR+T and then keep pressing Shift and reduce the size of image. By using this method image quality will be the same.
    yeah, i doubt it. if you're reducing an image by 90% size there's no way you're not going to lose quality.

aside from that, i don't get what the OP means by reducing an image 44x7 to 4x4 : that's a completely differect aspect ratio.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo