#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Reducing size of image


    Hi all. I have an image that is 44" * 7" and I wish to reduce the image size to 4" * 4" without loosing the image quality, I wonder how I can accomplish this.
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    8,317
    Rep Power
    7170
    It's not physically possible to re-size an image without losing quality. In order to get the image down to 4"x4" without stretching it you're going to need to crop a lot of it off.
    PHP FAQ

    Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Use Ctrl+T to resize the image...as far as i know, this is the only way to reduce the size and still retain the quality
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Rithanya
    Use Ctrl+T to resize the image...as far as i know, this is the only way to reduce the size and still retain the quality

    Hi, thnx for the tip. I'll definitely try this out.
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    It's not physically possible to re-size an image without losing quality. In order to get the image down to 4"x4" without stretching it you're going to need to crop a lot of it off.
    Thnx for the tip.
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    surrey
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Select the picture with ctrl+t and than drag it from corner to select ctrl+shf. Pixels never damaged.
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by ugoharris
    Hi all. I have an image that is 44" * 7" and I wish to reduce the image size to 4" * 4" without loosing the image quality, I wonder how I can accomplish this.
    First of all select the layer that contains image and then press CTR+T and then keep pressing Shift and reduce the size of image. By using this method image quality will be the same.
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by pankaj_s
    First of all select the layer that contains image and then press CTR+T and then keep pressing Shift and reduce the size of image. By using this method image quality will be the same.
    yeah, i doubt it. if you're reducing an image by 90% size there's no way you're not going to lose quality.

    aside from that, i don't get what the OP means by reducing an image 44x7 to 4x4 : that's a completely differect aspect ratio.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo