1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need to remove an un-removable shortcut

Hi there,

I have been having this really annoying problem in photoshop for a while, never found the solution on the internet and decided it was finally time to ask.

There is a shortcut that I just can't seem to find in the shortcuts list, I would deeply enjoy to remove it from there as it slows me down and annoys me very much. When I use photoshop, I have alt set on my pen in order to quickly pick a colour from my image. Many times I will press [ or ] soon after choosing a colour to increase or decrease the size of my brush, but many times I press it with too much haste... When pressing Alt + [ or Alt + ], you cycle around the layers... Most of the time I will be painting and then suddenly I am on an other layer, so I have to undo undo undo, change screen mode, switch layer (again...), and change screen mode again (and again and again and again). This may sound like not a big deal but after happening so many times, I would really be excited at the removal of this interference...

Now when I search in the "edit keyboard shortcuts", it is nowhere to be found. I have also tried to set a random command with these shortcuts (alt + [ or alt + ]) in order to then remove them, but no section (as far as I know of) offers the possibility to set this kind of shortcut for particular reasons to each sections.

Does anyone have any miraculous clue? It would make my life so much easier!!!

Thanks in advance!!

C-e
  3. No Profile Picture

No one has any clue? I guess this is indeed an irremovable shortcut...
  5. No Profile Picture

To work around this I lock all layers except the one I am working on, it's just kind of strange not to be able to remove the shortcut
  7. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

i have seen it somewhere in adobe but i do not remember it right away..

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo