1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to - Replacing one area of picture with overlying text

I would be really grateful if someone could offer some advice. I am very much a beginner at photoshop.

I am trying to change the Starbucks logo on the picture with Raybucks (bottom right). I can't seem to overlay the text without both sets of text appearing.

I would like to know how I can cover the Starbucks text with a green arc etc. such that I can then overlay the Raybucks logo.

I am using CS5.

I would be really grateful for some advice as I have been going round in circles for the past few hours.

please refer to: tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6szbl0&s=5

Many thanks!!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

put your green arc on one layer and put the new text on a layer above it.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks Killerwolf...but haven't been able to create a green arc. I have tried to use paths and the pen tool / objects with no luck!

I tried to do one in MS word and copy across but couldn't size it to fit the logo!!

Will try and persevere..but thanks for replying!!

Originally Posted by KillerWolf
    put your green arc on one layer and put the new text on a layer above it.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

if you can't get to grips w/ the pen tool you could try the Shape too using the Circle setting. drag a circle (use Shift if you want a circle ratehr than an ellipse) then Ctrl+T to get the size/shape right. switch to your Brush too and press Enter to stroke the path and then just delete what you don't need to leave your arc.

depending on what size you want you could of course just use a round Brush : click on a new layer and you'll get a circle of colour, then selected it and Contract the selecttion and delete, which will leave you w/ a ring shape, then again just delete what you don't need.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo