1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Save for web issue

Hello,

I have recently made an image with Photoshop containing sliced images linking to various websites, I have saved this for the web. And have no problem accessing it there and using the links. However what I need to know is how to get the URL for this image to upload it to imageshack for instance, to then be used as a forum sig. I really have no idea how to do this, I have tried saving the image from the web but of course, this only gives me a small white image, and not my actual image. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Based on your description, it sounds to me like you have exported the sliced image to an html document. You can't upload an html document to imageshack or embed it in your forum sig.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    Based on your description, it sounds to me like you have exported the sliced image to an html document. You can't upload an html document to imageshack or embed it in your forum sig.
    Yes, I saved for web, and only got the option to save it as HTML.
    If there is a different way to save my image with keeping links in it, I would do that.
    So possibly a different way to ask, would be.. How do I save my sliced Photoshop image, to maybe jpeg or png? to then upload and use as a forum sig, with the links still in tact.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

There is no way to save an image with links in it. None of the common raster image formats (the ones that would work in a forum sig) support that.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo